Thank you for participating in the Jet Cities Virtual Chorus.
This is a unique project with special challenges but great rewards. Please follow these tips to make your best remote recording.
- Choose a quiet place to record. Not outside. Not around TVs, noisy fans, appliances, pets or kids.
- Make sure you are well lit, but without bright lamps or open daylight windows behind you.
- Practice with the guide video below several times to learn and match the timing.
- No special equipment needed. Simply record using your phone or tablet (on a stand if you have one) or PC with webcam.
- It may be easier to watch the director/guide-video on another device or computer while you record.
- Use headphones or earbuds to keep audio from the guide video from bleeding into your recording.
- Start recording when you start the guide video. Keep recording until the guide video ends. (It will be trimmed)
- Upload the video to our project partner Silent Knight Productions using the form below the video.
We tried to make the process as simple as possible for a wide range of technical abilities. Please visit “Tips for your best virtual performance recording” page for examples, and a step-by-step video showing a simple way to record yourself using Android and Apple devices. Return here to record and upload your project!
Now, from her home, here is our director, Rachel Pack and the JCC V-Quartet!
Wasn’t that fun? Are you ready to upload your recording to the project? Use the form below.
You must complete ALL fields, and accept the talent/media release to be included in the project.
TIP: When you select the “Add Files” button below from your mobile device, you must find your video’s location.
On Android, first try the “Files” action, otherwise use “My Files” to browse your way to the “DCM” and “Camera” folders (Videos usually end with extension MP4).
On Apple, select “Photo Library” and “Videos” (Videos usually end with extension MOV).